“Health cannot be forced on the body via treatments which only mask a symptom. Health is the result of giving it the opportunity to heal.”
Dr. Joel Robbins has made a career-long study in the field of nutrition as it relates to health. He holds both chiropractic and naturopathic degrees, offering his patients alternatives to their health problems through natural treatment methods and nutrition.
JOEL R. ROBBINS, D.C., N.D.
- Raised on the mission field in South Africa until the age of 14
- Moved back to Houston, TX where he finished high school
- Attended LeTourneau University in Longview, TX and San Jancinto College in Houston, TX majoring in pre-med
- Graduated from Cleveland Chiropractic College in 1978 with a doctorate of chiropractic [D.C.] degree
- Began practice in 1978 and have been in practice since
- Later completed a degree in naturopathic medicine [N.D.]
Since 1978 Dr. Joel Robbins has been practicing in the field of complimentary health care, utilizing the full scope of his chiropractic license and naturopathic degree. Although Dr. Robbins also has medical training and recognizes the need for traditional health care (allopathic medicine), he has chosen not to be licensed in that field, as he feels his calling is helping people back to health through natural medicine.
Dr. Robbins views traditional medicine as being useful for crisis care—saving a life—but it does little to address the cause of health problems. Nutrient deficiencies and toxicity, Dr. Robbins believes, are the basic contributors to disease. Therefore, the primary focus of Dr. Robbins’ practice centers around two things: what the patient is possibly doing wrong that is causing deficiencies and/or toxicity of the body and, two, what the body needs to restore itself to health. Dr. Robbins is a strong advocate of the body’s own healing ability, but believes the patient must give the body the opportunity to do so through lifestyle changes including: diet, juicing, food supplements, rest, exercise, and natural therapies.
People travel to consult with Dr. Robbins and his staff at the Robbins Natural Health clinic in Tulsa, OK from all over the world, with health problems of all types.
Dr. Robbins is happily married to his childhood sweetheart. They have two daughters, two sons and six dogs, all healthy.
Robbins Natural Health
- Complimentary health care facility/clinic
- Director and head staff physician
College of Natural Health, Tulsa, OK
- Institution of natural healthcare training
- Founder and president
Seminar Speaker/ Lecturer / Instructor
- Natural healthcare lectures/seminars for lay people and professionals through the US and internationally
- Continuing education and clinical practice management lectures/seminars for professions
- Consultant to USAF and NATO fighter pilot trainers on flight fatigue
- Consultant to Oklahoma Air National Guard Wing on flight fatigue
- Wisconsin State teachers continuing education program
- Continuing education lectures for hospital nutritionists
- Guest speaker and lecturer on various college and university campuses
- Guest on TV and radio programs; topic: natural healthcare
- Nutrition in The Practice (practical guide for health care professionals on incorporating nutrition into any type of practice)
- Health Through Nutrition
- Eating for Wellness
- Juicing for Health
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and Children’s Diet
- Protein Hang-Ups
- Attitudes And Health
- Hope for Cardiovascular Disease